Monday, May 22, 2017

p566-567

1."My excessive fatigue induced me......as I lay"

Point out Poe's technique of withholding information to create suspense. Identify why this particulat passage is suspenseful.

2. "In the confusion attending my fall.....and as suddenly faded away."

Imagine the narrator's circumstances by visualizing his physical position. Where is he?  What is he facing? What conclusions can they draw from this information?

3. "I saw clearly the doom.....which I had escaped"

Consider why the narrator might congratulate himself for tripping and falling.

4. "Neither coul I forget what I had read of these pits.....their most horrible plan"

Consider what it means that the "sudden extinction of life" was not part of the captor's plan.

5. "I had counted fifty-two paces, .....ended it with the wall to the right"

Summarize the narrator's reason for his error in computing the distance around thecircuit of the walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment